The sign industry has become highly competitive, especially over the past few years. It is important to find ways to stand out from the competition because if you don’t someone else will shine instead of you! So, what can you do at your sign shop to stand out when you may offering similar products as your competition?
Many businesses resort to lowering costs so as to bring in more business than their competition. But, these days people are becoming more creative and finding others ways that work to get more attention to their company and to retain the customers that they have. Here are some creative ways that may help your sign shop stand out from those you compete with:
1. Treat each person that reaches out to your company with enthusiasm and respect. Obviously, not all of the people that call your shop for product or services will become a customer. But, when you communicate with them with enthusiasm and respect, you chances are higher! Plus, your company will be more memorable, so they may become evangelists of your company by sharing their experience with others, even if they do not become a customer. Enthusiasm and respect are very contagious!
2. Make sure every staff member is well informed about the products and services offered at your sign shop. This includes sales people, designers, printers, installers and customer service reps. When all staff member truly understand what is offered at your shop, there is a special unity and understanding among everyone which shows to those looking in. In addition, this is very impressive when new or even repeat customers are communicating with various staff members. It eludes a sense of pride for a company when everyone is in the know. Using signVOX and shopVOX custom shop management software, you can create descriptions for the different products and services that are offered in case staff member may need a reference at times.
3. Expand your social network offline: Face to face interaction can really make a difference when connecting with potential customers or referrers. Attend various networking events two to three times a month at least. Send out different staff members to these events as well. Assign them them in the tasks areas of your signVOX or shopVOX accounts so you can have an easy to refer to list of all of the events attended. Also, keep notes of what happened at these events and the connections made.
4. Expand your social network online: Online networking is huge these days because it really does work. It’s helpful in connecting with new people and staying in front of those you have already bonded with. The more a person sees your company’s logo and name, the more likely they are to check out what you have to offer.
5. Take notes when communicating with potential customers and current customers: You may have the best memory in your area and your staff may be incredibly bright, but having written notes of conversations, requests, and tasks, as well as a record of quotes, proofs and other interactions can be very helpful when you are associating with many, many people everyday. Having notes stored in the file of each customer in your signVOX or shopVOX accounts leaves no room for confusion or mistakes. This will certainly help when talking with people and will impress them with how easily you can recall what was previously discussed.
6. Shine, shine, shine! The way our society is so selfie obsessed these days, this is best time to really allow yourself to shine without feeling like you are being too showy. It is so acceptable to show off these days, so take advantage of this trend! Show off your projects, you cool materials, your staff, your super clean and organized shop, the awesome new design that you created, and so on. Be creative and show off your work. This will allow people to be wowed by what you offer. Show off on Facebook, twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn and other social networks. Also, submit to contests and other media outlets. Let people see your shop’s awesomeness.
7. Get feedback! Show your customers that you care about their opinions. Ask them what they really thought about your products and services and about their experience of working with your team. Send them a feedback survey asking them the questions you want to know. If you are not using the Customer Feedback Add-On, then you are missing out on a cool way to show your customers you care, as well as losing out on gaining a huge wealth of valuable knowledge that can benefit your shop.
We hope these tips are helpful and that you take action and implement some of them! We want to see our customers shine and become more and more successful!
~ The signVOX team!